Here are some of the names Kenyans use to refer to the v*gina. Some are hilarious and some are disappointingly annoying
While some are hilarious and obvious, others are just plain annoying.
1. Cat – This is just a decent way of referring to the v*gina, a synonym of the following name if you will. Maybe men think they sound ‘sophisticated and non-pervy’ when they use this term instead?
2. P*ssy – As Kenyan men evolve, some terms are inducted into their vocabulary without a second thought and a consideration for the level of vulgarity. He will use this term to come across as ‘an OG’, a ‘hood rat (??)’, know-it-all Barbie who finds it annoying to just say v*gina so that he can appear to know the ABC to Z about matters s*x.
3. Nunu – This one most definitely came from the women. Just take a walk through a popular, raunchy mom’s Facebook page and you will see for yourselves. But then, nunu? really?
4. Goat – Yes, a goat. Even I was surprised. Some people call the v*gina mbuzi! Anyone care to tell me at what point in 2016 or beyond that the goat was likened to female genitalia? Or was it initiated as the team v*gina mascot and I didn’t get the memo?
5. Kitu – This sentence alone is extremely annoying…”Si nikuje hivyo unipe hio kitu?”. Enough said. Oh, and anyone who uses this term is a juvenile rat –note, not a hood rat.
6. Nyap – Sheng sio midomo yangu but this one is a favourite with them. Someone feel free to let us, Kenyan women, know how this term was coined?
7. Oh, and Ikus is right up there with Nyap. What is in a name??
8. Huha- A subtle name that many will miss if they don’t follow a conversation because they might end up hearing “Who? Her?” It can be written in this form, or as hooha.
9. Cookie- World over, this is a favourite term but the Kenyan people are changing with the times and this has become a favourite ‘endearment’ of late. Funny enough, men’s plumbing also received the male version of this nickname –cookie monsters.
10. Mtaroline – Common lore has it that women named Caroline tend to be extremely loose women. And so, because apparently, the v*gina resembles a mtaro, why not combine the two and come up with an annoying name?
11. Huko chini – This is for those save-D people, the Form Ones and the virgins. Even saying v*gina is a problem for them!
12. Snatch – This one was probably coined by jilted male lovers and affected women whose men were ‘snatched’ from them by a foreign v*gina. And Team Mafisi love such.