Below is a summary of the KCPE results as released by the Education CS;
9. Form one school selection process is set to begin on Friday, December 2016
8. Over 942,000 students sat for the KCPE examinations in 2016
7. 49.7% girls and 50.3% boys sat for the KCPE 2016 examinations
6. No exam cheating being reported during the KCPE examinations with 21 incidents of malpractice reported in the country
5. The highest candidate scored 436 marks a drop compared to the 2015 results with the highest candidate scoring 449 marks
4. There will be no cancellation of results in the 2016 KCPE results, first time in the history of national examination results.
3. There will be no ranking done in the 2016 KCPE results despite the law being passed in October requiring ranking of schools.
2. Over 5190 students got over 400 marks in the exams and will secure a place in the top national schools in the country whether from private or public schools
1. 950 students with special needs sat for the KCPE results with the highest candidate scoring 421 marks